Please read this page before you register!
with riding a motorcycle.
These risks also exist while one rides during the course.
Please understand that these courses have a group-learning format that limits the ability of the instructors to provide individual instruction to students. These courses are mentally and physically demanding, and weather conditions can increase the stress on students.
Students are covered by a limited medical and liability insurance policy during their participation in a course, but may wish to review and add to their existing auto/motorcycle and medical insurance.
- Student owned motorcycles which are used in the Experienced RiderCourse must pass a pre-ride inspection given by the instructors.
- The Experienced RiderCourse student will need proof of motorcycle insurance, proof of medical insurance, a completed “Waiver Form” supplied by the sponsor and parental permission (depending on the rider’s age).
Refunds will be given only under these conditions:
- With 10 business days notice in writing (e-mail or fax), less a $50.00 service fee.
- If we cancel class due to extreme weather conditions, an inability to access necessary facilities or other unforeseen problems. Such cancellations are very rare and will result in a full refund of tuition. Please remember that courses run rain or shine!
Refunds will not be given under these conditions:
- If you cancel less than 10 days prior to class. (You may reschedule your course instead – see below)
- If you have previously rescheduled (see below)
- If you arrive late to class or practice sessions and are not allowed to participate
- If you miss any segment of the course
- If you do not pass the written or riding skills evaluations
- If you are dismissed by a RiderCoach
- If you leave voluntarily
Students may reschedule another class only once, within the calendar year on a space available basis. All such reschedule requests must be in writing (e-mail or fax) and received in the Pioneer Valley office prior to the start of the original class and are subject to the following service fees:
- $50.00 – If received more than 10 days before the start of the original class
- $100.00 – If received 10 days or less before the start of the original class
Students may retake a riding skill evaluation only once for any one class. Re-tests are scheduled on a space available basis within 14 days of class completion and incur a $45.00 fee.
Students who wish to qualify for a motorcycle license/endorsement must do the following:
- Obtain a Massachusetts motorcycle permit and submit a clear photocopy of that permit to the PVRiders office at least two weeks before the first class session. Permits cannot be post dated and must not expire within two weeks after course completion.
- Students under the age of 18 who wish to qualify for licensing must also have a driver education certificate issued by the Registrar and must have held their driver or motorcycle learners permit for a full 6 months prior to the application for the endorsement or license.
The following service fees apply:
- Replace a lost Course Completion Card: $15.00
- Check is returned unpaid (bounced): $25.00
Service disputes must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the course completion date.
You must call the PVriders office prior to registering if:
- Your inseam is less than 26″ or you are less than 62″ tall
- You have a physical, medical or learning disability
- Your primary language is not English
Although we make every effort to provide accurate and timely information,
we can not be responsible for misprints or outdated information contained on this website
due to technical issues beyond our control.
Please call our office with any questions at (413) 525-0049.